Saturday, May 8, 2010

Parker's Birthday #5!

Parker Hobbs Shepherd is FIVE years old. I think it is amazing that I have a 5 year old grandson (which, by the way, I love telling people and having them exclaim - You are too young to have grandchildren!). I was in Albuquerque for the bday weekend and we all had a lot of fun.

At the top of the post is a picture of another amazing cake by Becky. It is kind of avante garde as the different pieces of sports equipment spell out Parker's name.

Friday morning were the Puppycakes at preschool - see the previous post. Friday afternoon we all went to the Botanical Gardens and the Aquarium. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead so I don't have any pictures of that event. Maybe I'll swipe some off Becky's blog once she posts.


One very fun thing was watching Alyssa walk. She is barely 11 months old and had been walking for some weeks now. Her gross motor skill development is pretty advanced. I kept trying to get in front of her to take a picture but she was too fast for me!
Friday night I babysat while Becky, Jess and Sam went to Applebee's. Grandkids played happily in the backyard. Check out this very cute picture of Eli pulling his little sister in a wagon.
Saturday was the party at the park. We played games, ate pizza and the wonderful cake. My camera was in the car so I missed pictures again. But here is a picture of Parker playing his new drums. You cannot believe how incredibly coordinated he is. It really sounds like real drum playing! I can't wait to hear his first band CD.

Saturday night we all met up at Garcia's Kitchen - an Albuquerque tradition for YEARS! Here is Sam with his girlfriend Brianna. And a final picture of the birthday boy. Thanks Parker for being born 5 years ago and making me a grandmother. It is the best thing in the entire world. I love you so much!













3 comments:

  1. Tori, it was great having you in town again. Thanks for making an effort to support all of us. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
    -Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I'm glad you were able to make it out this weekend! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was good times. Glad we could be there too.

    ReplyDelete