Friday, November 26, 2010

.4 pounds and 23 desserts

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. Yossi and I went to Burlison, TX to enjoy the holiday with his mother, step-father and all of the family. It was lovely - so much food! Turkey, stuffing, potatotes, rolls, pate, - you name it.

But wait ... dessert! Two amazing bakers together brought 23 different desserts to choose from. This was Yossi's mom Sahavah and her long time friend Varda. Pumpkin cake, lemon merigue pie, black forest cake, chocolate pecan pie, baklava, numerous cookies, desserts that I can't remember or prounouce the name of.

Now Becky and I committed to not eating sugar (I'm sure she has done much better than I have on keeping to this) and so I apologize for this ... but I could not, not have any of these desserts as I would have offended Yossi's mom immensely. I did escape without taking a plate home (though Yossi's plate is sitting on my kitchen counter).

Good news - down .4 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment